Monday 23 June 2008

Paul Weller Slams Jam Reunion Band As "Cabaret"

Paul Weller has dished out the insults to Jam reunion band From The Jam, that features the two other members of his former band, Bruce Foxton and Rick Buckler.


Talking to BBC 6 Music, Weller says "I'm not mad about the idea, It's a bit cabaret to me. I thought we were against all that, what we stood for."


From The Jam formed last year after Weller turned down a Jam reunion to mark their 25th anniversary. The pair then toured America, using a guest vocalist instead of Paul.


When asked if he missed being in a band, he replied: "No, not particularly. I quite like what today is. It was a lot of pressure, being that kind of spokesman for a generation."


"Whether it was my own fault for setting myself up or not, I don't know, but it was a lot of pressure for a young man. I certainly didn't miss that."


Paul Weller releases his new album '22 Dreams' tomorrow (June 2nd).




See Also